I’ve been thinking of trying a hackathon type approach to starting and finishing a project. What can I do or build in just 24 hours of nearly non-stop effort? I think people would be surprised with the results of this approach. I think its genius because it forces people to try and get over the…
This is basically any college student during finals.
This is a real person who is running for Governor of Montana.
Most awful candidate websites are clearly a result of a lack of money or effort. But this guy has money to spend, and the layout and theme are fine.
Let’s start with the homepage, where on the banner he asks if we are sick and tired of “polictics” as usual.
- "been shot at in Guatemala"
- "been arrested, jailed, and interrogated in Libya"
- "had a partner murdered by General Noriega in Panama"
- "ridden a racing camel in the desert"
- "explored the North Korean tunnels beneath the DMZ"
- "been stalked by terrorists and Nazis in Argentina" [This one is my favorite. Do you think the terrorists and the Nazis are breeding? The Nazi Taliban must be a wet dream for war-hungry neocons.]
- "been paid in stacks of $100 bills by clients and counted the money with customs agents"
- "went to a business meeting with a six-and-half foot tall pink-eyed albino dressed in white from head to foot in a Miami-area motel with the peculiar distinction of having more ‘floaters’ in its pool than any other hospitality establishment in the US"
- soaked his “aching bones in the tub at a hotel in the Balkans with a gun in the soap dish in case anyone uninvited came through the door”
h/t to MTCowgirl for the find.
I love old people
(This is from Google Voice)
Who is the quintessential New York City musician? We aim to find out, via bracket! Here are the seeds:
John Coltrane, Paul Simon, Tito Puente, Diddy, Bette Midler ,Yoko Ono, Lady Gaga, Glenn Branca, Frankie Lymon, Laura Nyro, Jerry Lieber & Mike Stoller, Kool Herc, Dipset, Alicia Keys, Slick Rick, Lisa Lisa
Ramones, Miles Davis, Neil Diamond, Nas, Run-DMC, Billy Joel, Public Enemy, New York Dolls, Carole King, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Blondie, The Strokes, Gene Simmons, Cyndi Lauper, Anthrax
Bob Dylan, Madonna, Lou Reed/Velvet Underground, Philip Glass, Sonic Youth, John Zorn, Larry Levan, Talking Heads, James Murphy/LCD Soundsystem, Beastie Boys, Patti Smith, Arthur Russell, The Fugs, Stephin Merritt/Magnetic Fields, Jon Spencer, Sick Of It All
Jay-Z, Thelonious Monk, Notorious B.I.G., Wu-Tang Clan, Pete Seeger, Rakim, Laurie Anderson, A Tribe Called Quest, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Norah Jones, Black Star (Mos Def/Talib Kweli), The Rapture, Rammellzee, Oneida, TV on the Radio, Parts & Labor
That potential Biggie/Hova Elite Eight match-up should be interesting.
Q:Might want to check out Andrew Sullivan as well.
Fair point, I forgot about him. I was thinking about the George Will, David Brooks, “thinking man’s” version of the GOP (hell, might as well throw Romney in there) - which seems to have settled into a postion of being not quite as bad as the far right.
On the subject of Sullivan though, I’m not sure if most conservatives would even consider him conservative. I know that he still considers himself one, but I mean, he supported Kerry and Obama.
By the way, until I read his Wikipedia just now, I had no idea that he was gay and HIV positive.